- RSS Channel Showcase 1311128
- RSS Channel Showcase 7108625
- RSS Channel Showcase 4830012
- RSS Channel Showcase 4508307
Articles on this Page
- 01/19/17--16:51: _My New Year’s Resol...
- 03/06/17--17:19: _Mumps are making a ...
- 05/09/17--10:34: _Spring Cleaning is ...
- 06/26/17--16:23: _Workplace Health- K...
- 09/04/17--20:00: _Common Sense Soluti...
- 05/01/18--09:32: _Women’s Brain Healt...
- 01/19/17--16:51: My New Year’s Resolution– Is NO New Year’s Resolutions!
- 03/06/17--17:19: Mumps are making a comeback in Canada
- 05/09/17--10:34: Spring Cleaning is Time to De-clutter Your Life!
- 09/04/17--20:00: Common Sense Solutions & Dieting
- 05/01/18--09:32: Women’s Brain Health Initiative
I will be honest; my issue is not wanting to exercise or take the time to work out.I have a very busy schedule and find it hard to fit in. Although I know and talk about the importance of exercise and healthy aging, internally I find it hard to schedule. I tell myself that’s because […]
vivienbrownStart on January 1
Check your vaccinations! A rise in cases of Mumps in Canada has public health officials asking young adults to check if they need a vaccination booster. The standard vaccination is two doses starting with the first dose at 12 through 15 months of age, and the second dose at 4 through 6 years of age. […]
Spring cleaning is a time-honoured tradition of doing a deep clean of one’s home or a room. In modern times, it’s also used as a metaphor for a time to reflect on our lives and look for ways to simplify or invigorate our lives. I look at it as a time to review expectations of […]
Workplace health is all about prevention. When one person gets sick, it can have a domino effect. Soon everyone has ‘that cold so and so gave me’. So, prevention is now more important than ever because this is the first generation that will not live longer than its parents. With an aging population and an … Continue reading Workplace Health- Keeping a workplace healthy is all about prevention
The post Workplace Health- Keeping a workplace healthy is all about prevention appeared first on Dr. Vivien Brown - Talk With Your Doc.
One thing I’d like every woman to understand is the true meaning of diet. I cannot emphasize enough how much potential harm comes from our society’s insistence that diet simply means restricting caloric intake to lose weight. The current trend in maintaining a healthy weight is the non-diet approach for health, and although I … Continue reading Common Sense Solutions & Dieting
Women’s Brain Health & Why Grey Matter Now Matters Women suffer from depression, stroke and dementia twice as much as men and an astounding 70% of new Alzheimer’s patients will be women. Yet research still focuses on men. We want to correct this research bias. Women’s Brain Health Initiative creates education programs and funds research … Continue reading Women’s Brain Health Initiative